Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Squirt


My little sister is 22 today!

I love my sister more than anything in the world. She is seriously so amazing. I have never known someone who is quite like her. It's really hard to put into words just how much she means to me. She's my best friend, and I hope that she has an incredible day!

Some Big Wins

I don't like either OU or UT, but I was happy to see the Longhorns defeat the Sooners in yesterday's Red River Shootout. I was tired of seeing OU in the No. 1 spot, so it was good to see such an upset. As a bonus, I was glad to see another Shipley get a big victory. Jordan Shipley, the Longhorn who ran back the 96-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, is the son of Bob Shipley, who is now the coach of the Coppell Cowboys. Coppell, my alma mater, notched a HUGE win over Southlake Carroll Friday night in double overtime.

To add to the fun, my OSU friends were thrilled to see their Pokes beat Mizzou. Chase Daniel, the quarterback for OSU, is a product of Southlake Carroll, so I found it funny that some more Cowboys beat Southlake...

What's Wrong with ESPN??

I am not too happy right now: for some reason ESPN isn't working right now. All of the other cable channels are functioning, including ESPN2, but ESPN is out. I can't start my morning right without SportsCenter! Keep your fingers crossed that it comes back up soon. I'm not sure I can deal with the normal news for much longer.

No comments: