Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sleep in Abundance

I have not slept this much in a longand I mean REALLY longtime.

Last night, I was so exhausted, so I went to sleep at 8:45. Yes, I said 8:45. No, I am not 74 yet, but I did crash before 9 p.m. I was just THAT tired. I woke up around 6 a.m. and was shocked at how many hours I had been sleeping through reality. More than nine hours...are you serious??! I hadn't gotten that much sleep in...in...wow...it's been so long that I don't even remember! I'm used to getting about five or six hours of sleep at the most, so this was a huge accomplishment for me. And I must admit, it felt absolutely wonderful. But, little did I know, I wasn't finished just yet. I still had two naps ahead of me. No, that's not a typo. I really said two naps.

I ate breakfast while I watched the early edition of Sportscenter, and then I went running. It was such a great run, too. I discovered a new course, and (not to sound too much like Pollyanna) the weather was absolutely gorgeous this morning, as the sun made its way to the heights of the ocean-blue sky. Sorry, I just couldn't escape the Hayley Mills optimism on that oneit was just so nice out!

After I came home and showered, I watched the most recent Sportscenter (though it was really much of the same as the one I had already seen) until College GameDaya show around which I plan my Saturday mornings, and I become rather grouchy if for some reason I have to miss it. I started watching the Penn State vs. Purdue game, and this is where nap No. 1 happened. It's not that I was bored with the game; I was just tired beyond belief. Apparently the enormous amount of sleep I had gotten during the night just wasn't enough. Well, it turns out this nap wasn't, either.

I woke up almost two hours later. Yes, two hours later. I watched football until I decided to go sit poolside at my apartment complex during halftime of the Notre Dame vs. Stanford game. I had been inside a long time, so I decided it might be best to get a little fresh air. The sun must have really drained all of my energy, because I fell asleep for another two hours when I got back. It was seriously ridiculous! I've still been pretty useless since then. I somehow managed to make a trip to Wal-Mart for a few essentials, but I have pretty much remained in the same comfy chair all day long.

Now that most of the good games have ended, I will probably call it a night soon. Mizzou is whipping up on Nebraska, so I might not make it to the final whistle on this one...

Besides, I need to rest up for a big day in the NFL tomorrow. Ocho Cinco is coming to town, and I am excited to see the great Terrell Owens outshine him at Texas Stadium. If nothing else, it sure will be entertaining to see the two of them try to outdo each other in touchdown celebrations. I just hope T.O. will have more. Many more.

GO COWBOYS!!

No comments: