Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Summer days have come and gone...

I'm not ready for the cold weather.

I know: I'm in Texas, so I don't really know what "cold" is. I realize I've never suffered through the bitter winters of the Northeast, but that's beside the point. The fact of the matter is that this weather is cold to me. I'm used to temperatures being in the 80s and 90s, which is what I prefer. I even love the triple digits.

It gets to the point where I fear going outside unless I'm going running. For some reason, no matter what the temp is, I always run in shorts with no problem. But if you try to get me to go out in the frigid degrees at any other moment in time, try getting some new friends. In Texas, it's rare that we get snow, so it isn't like we'd be sledding or doing anything fun. And I definitely don't consider experiencing hypothermia and frostbite an enjoyable pastime. Summer would never do that to me.

I need to buy some more winter clothes, because I don't feel I was adequately prepared or kept warm last year. I hate having to put another dent in my wallet, but I suppose there is a price to pay to survive. The summer would never do this to me.

I already miss the days of wearing tank tops and lounging around at the pool. I won't be going near any water for the next few months. It's hard enough having to take a shower. Summer would never do this to me.

Another downfall of the drop in temperatures is the rise in my electric bill. I have such a cheap bill in the summer because I don't ever turn on the air conditioning. But, in the bitter colder months, I have to resort to the heater. I'm hoping to be able to wait until at least December, but you never know. I just hate seeing that price climb to figures of epic that make my head hurt. Summer would definitely never do that to me.

I love the summer. I miss the summer. I mean, is global warming really such a bad thing? (Just kidding...sort of.)

No comments: