Friday, October 23, 2009

Baby, baby

It's really weird when your lifelong friends start having kids.

Rachel, my friend whom I've known since I was 2, will bring a little boy into this world in a month or so. It's just so hard to fathom her having a kid when it seems like we were just kids ourselves.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it." Thank you for that, Ferris Bueller.

Rachel's baby shower was Sunday, and it was so great to see some of my old friends again. I really miss spending time with them, and I'm really thankful that it's so easy for us to pick up where we left off. Just like true friends can do. I also got a chance to catch up with my two Sunday School teachers from high school. These women are incredibly wise and taught me probably more than they will ever know during those crucial years in a young woman's life. They are still just as beautiful and Godly as ever.

Rachel's going to make an amazing mother, and I hope her baby boy grows up to develop lasting friendships like the one we have. They really make the ups and downs of life a lot more bearable and enjoyable.

No comments: