Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring fever

Spring Break is finally within reaching distance.

I really haven't been counting down that long...maybe just the past two weeks or so. But these past two weeks have been so crazy busy and chaotic that I am definitely in need of a week off. It will be so nice to get some sleep. I have never been a big napper. Then I became a teacher, and everything changed. If napping became an Olympic sport, I might be able to take the silver. (My little sister would take gold, obviously.) This might be because I average about five hours of sleep each night and only get to take naps on holidays and occasional weekends. Oh, and I've now started taking "power naps" in the back of my car before my Tuesday night grad class.

Today is a particularly tiring day for me, seeing as how I was up later than usual for something totally worth it: the Taylor Swift concert. It's the second time I've seen her show, and it was equally as awesome as the first. I could have lived without all of the shrieking middle-school girls and their unabashed fanaticism, though.

I realize the day is nowhere near over, but I will survive. Then I get to go visit my sister in the lively town of Van, Texas tomorrow. Can I get a "Woohoo!" for that one? She is living it up at
Sky Ranch for the next few months, so I cherish the moments I get to see the little Runt.

Happy Friday (and a Spring Break to all the teachers out there)!

No comments: