Saturday, August 4, 2012

Melted perfection


Even something seemingly imperfect can actually be perfection to someone.

I ran a 5K this morning and was pretty excited after I finished about the Fla-Vor-Ice I knew would be at one of the tents. I mean, what's not to love about frozen goodness in the form of sugar and artificial flavoring in a variety of colors? Exactlynothing.

When I finally located them, my excitement soared. Now, I know after a run in the heat we experience here in the greatest state in the country that water is actually the preferred source of hydration one should use. I think I grabbed a cup after I finished (though most of it I poured on me rather than in me), but I just can't pass up the opportunity to savor some Fla-Vor-Ice. Simply put, it's frozen goodness.

Even when it's not frozen.

Yummy, melted or frozen!
When I arrived at the tent, Justin, the friendly RunOn! employee, informed me that, yes, he had the treats, but they were not actually frozen. They were just in the liquid state. I looked down at the ice chest and saw them and suddenly really didn't care.

"Could I have a pink one, please?"

You know, that ice pop in a tube might not have been icy, but it still did the trick. I was glad to be able to enjoy the high fructose corn syrup and whatever else is in there. It was melted, but to me it was still wonderful.

There are times in life where we become like these unfrozen ice popswe aren't exactly in the state we are supposed to be, but that doesn't mean we are completely hopeless. God can certainly still use us even though we are far from perfect. The beauty is that He will make us perfect. If He needs us to be solid and frozen, He will get us there. But, if He needs to use us when we feel totally melted, He will.

Because, to Him, even when we are melted, we are still beautiful to Him.

Obviously life will not always go the way we would like. We can't always have frozen Fla-Vor-Ice. We aren't going to be as perfect as we'd like. But the good news is that God doesn't need us to be perfect in order to serve Him and show His unending love to others. Just like an imperfect ice pop, the flavor is still there, and He will always be there with us every step of the way.

Come just as you arewhether melted, frozen, broken, or well put-togetherand He will love and embrace you all the same.

No comments: