Saturday, April 19, 2008

Welcome Spring Weather!

I am a Texan. Therefore, it's inherently in my nature to dislike cold weather. In fact, what I consider to be "cold" is probably laughable to most people from the Northeast. Nonetheless, if it gets below 60 degrees, give me a jacket and maybe a pair of gloves, and I may request the heater to be turned on in the car. If it gets in the 20s, it's time to make a cocoon on my couch and vow not to go outside.

I can't fully say any of that is an exaggeration, but it might be. Anyway, I love the fact that the weather is starting to get warmer. It is so incredibly gorgeous outside right now. Yes, the other day we had some pretty nasty storms, but it's amazing to see how God can make the next day be sunny and absolutely beautiful. It's almost time for pool season!

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I actually like the hot weather. When it's in the 90s, I probably will not be complaining. There is just something about the Texas heat that is so miserable and so comfortable at the exact same time. I love it. When people from other states come to visit during the summer, they sometimes can't quite understand how we survive when we hit triple-digit temperatures. I guess after living here for a sufficient amount of time, your body just comes to expect it. Anything else would be perceived as odd. I don't consider this breaking news, but: Texas summers=hot. But it's not unbearable. I lived through last summer without air conditioning in my car. Yes, it was sweaty at times, but I made it.

It's nice to be able to embrace this spring weather while we have it. On days like today, parks are filled with friends and families going on walks, runs, bike rides, rollerblading excursions and other things of the like. The bottom line: it's great to be outside! What's the point of staying couped up in a house or office building when you can be out in this AMAZING weather enjoying the breathtaking creations God has put before us?

However, the NBA playoffs start today, so you'd better go out there before the games get started!

1 comment:

Alex Herrera said...

Hola Nat! It's my first (of many) comments on your blog. so your making me want to finish school even sooner so i can come hang out with you in Coppell at the pooooool!! :) BUT i have to comment, "what?!" on your surviving last summer with no AC in the car, clearly you are a champ beyond what i credited you with.