Friday, May 1, 2009

MAYfulness

I survived my first TAKS experience.

I'm really not sure what else to say about that, and there are so many legalities involved with standardized testing, so I am just going to leave it at that. It is finished...well, for this year, anyway.

I'm watching the Rangers game right now. We had a 3-0 lead on the White Sox, but it's now tied at 3 in the bottom of the sixth inning. I always put faith in these guys, and there always seem to disappoint me. But, again, I am hopeful this season. Plus, if Ian Kinsler weren't married, I think we might have a future together. Too bad I missed out on that one.

Speaking of potential husbands, I plan on attending a lot of Rough Riders games this summer. It might be better to go for a minor league player, anyway. Although, I really don't know if I would ever date a baseball player, because I would constantly have a hidden fear that he was doing steroids, so maybe I will just scratch that idea altogether. But I still plan on attending those games.

I did a 5k last weekend, and I was very displeased with my performance, so I think I'm going to do another one next Saturday (not tomorrow). I need to redeem myself, and I love racing.

I can't decide if it's normal that it's a Friday night, barely after 8:30, and my eyelids are becoming very heavy and very droopy. I guess it's something that comes with being a first-year teacher.

Wow, Ian Kinsler just made ANOTHER infield error. Good thing that relationship didn't work out. That was just plain awful. And Derek Holland was just called for a balk. Here we go again, Rangers. Here we go. (On a side note, I must give props to Holland for having the same birthday as me.)

Happy Friday!

No comments: