Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stay dry

This just in: it's wet out there.

Wow, that rain sure is coming down. I suppose we needed it, but rain has plagued this area the last few days, and it's in the forecast for almost the next week, as well. I really don't like being this wet!

The good news is that the warmer weather has arrived, and we are no longer suffering those blistering cold temperatures that make walking from the door to the car a pain in the tush. Sure, those northerners will make fun of how ridiculous I am when it comes to bundling up for temperatures below 50 degrees, but I am OK with that. I have accepted the fact that, being from Texas, my teeth start to chatter just thinking about weather that induces big jackets. And, let's face it, I will need a jacket if it is anywhere below 60 degrees out there. I mean, I save more money in the summer when I don't have to use as much electricity (no, I never turn on the A/C at my apartment), compared to in the winter when I have to turn on the heater.

God bless the summer.

I can't wait for temperatures that make my teeth sweat. I can't wait for lying out in the beautiful sun by the pool. I can't wait for running without a shirt. I can't wait for sleeping a little later. I can't wait for laziness.

I can't wait for summer.

I'm even thinking about treating myself to a mini-vacation of some sort, but we will see how that goes. After all, I need to save as much money as I can for December, when I am taking my little sister to the Bahamas to celebrate her college graduation. That will definitely be a nice time to get away from the cold for a bit.

As for now, I guess we will just have to deal with this water world for a few more days. Thank you,
Egyptians and Connecticut.

No comments: