Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gotta have faith

There are simply some things in life that I will never understand.

I know I'm not supposed to know why everything happens the way it does, but sometimes that frustrates me to no end. Just at the point where I think I may have figured one of life's great mysteries out, another unexpected obstacle pops up and reminds me just how clueless I can be on occasion.

And all that's left to do is sit there and think: "God, why?"

And I wonder if I'll ever know. Because right now it's unclear to me why God does some of the things He does. Yes, I trust Him with His plan and purpose, but the human nature in me frequently gets a bit perturbed at the fact that I can't be all-knowing. Where are my superhero powers when I need them?

I guess that's what it means to have faith, though. You have to be confident in something you don't know or maybe can't even see. You have to be certain in that in which you hope. And you have to keep that hope and trust alive.

Faith. It's funny because, while having faith is completely in my hands, it's that same faith that takes everything out of my hands entirely.

No comments: