Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Random Collaboration

The Last Day
Today is my last day working at the rec center. Woohoo! I can't wait to get started with all my teaching stuff, and I will be glad to be gone from the rec. Don't get me wrong: I like my co-workers and the members who come here, but it's time to move on now. I have worked here for so long, and it's definitely a good thing that I start something new. The CARC will somehow manage without me. No more washing dirty sweat towels; no more being a lifeguard (though that was a brief stint); no more program registration; no more cleaning grime off of exercise machines; no more daily settlements; no more swim lesson chaos. It will be nice to be free of so much redundancy.

You're the Winner!
This usually doesn't happen to me, but I won a random radio contest the other day. I was listening to ESPN Radio (as usual), and there was a contest to be the 10th caller to win a pair of tickets to the Snoop Dogg and 311 concert. Not that I really had much of a desire to go, but I called, anyway. I can normally never get through when I am trying to win something I actually want. But, as irony would have it, I hear on the other line: "Congratulations! You're the 10th caller!" Wow. I ended up giving the tickets to my older brother so he can go with his girlfriend, but it was still pretty cool to win them. The bonus was the three U2 CDs that accompanied the tickets. I am a huge U2 fan, so it all worked out pretty nicely.

Brett Favre
I have already said too much. I am getting pretty tired of hearing about all of it. He should have either stayed retired or never had that tear-jerking press conference in which he announced his retirement at the end of last season.

Ian Kinsler
I want to marry him. End of story.

Relaxation
I have had a little down time lately, and I am going to have a bit more before the new school year starts. I seriously love it. I think it's important every once in a while to soak up the beauty that is God's creation and do almost nothing. I have gone to the pool at my brother's old apartments a few times this week, and it has been so wonderful. There haven't been that many people there, so it has been relatively peaceful. I love just getting to sit in the water and not stress out or worry about things that really don't matter much in the long run, anyway. Yesterday started out with such ugly weather, but the Lord really made it into a marvel that I thoroughly enjoyed. Again, it's important to do this sometimes. After all, what's the point in living if you aren't really living?

No comments: