Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Peruna

I got a new kitty today! But it almost didn't happen...story time!

So, mom's friend Shelley has a cat that had kittens. Shelley's family only wanted to keep one, and they had already given the rest away and offered one to us. So, my mom and I went to pick it up this morning. However, when we got there, Shelley couldn't find Snooze, the one her family had decided to keep. I started playing with Peruna (the name I gave to the kitty we were supposed to get). But then we all went on a search.

We practically turned Shelley's house upside down multiple times trying to find this kitty, but we had no luck. Snooze was officially MIA. After about an hour, my mom and I went home without Peruna. It was so sad, but we couldn't just take the last kitten with the other one missing. Shelley's daughter was away at camp and would be absolutely heartbroken about losing Snooze, and it would be double heartache if there were no kittens left. Not only was I sad because I had to leave Peruna, but I was also worried about poor Snooze. Where was he??!

I was running some errands with my mom when Shelley called later in the afternoon. Snooze had reappeared! She had no idea where he had been, though. She had gone to work for a little bit and come home to find him playing with his mother! Yay!

So my mom and I went back to pick up Peruna. I am so happy! She looks a lot like Tabster. We came home and my mom left to go buy a little bed for her. Then, we took a nice little nap together when Peruna fell asleep on my tummy. She is so precious!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little cat!