Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Week Survival and More

Wow, I sure was tired last night! After my first week of being a high school teacher, I was absolutely spent. I ended up falling asleep to the SMU game before 9. It was pretty ridiculous, but it sure felt great! I love my job, but it sure can be tiring, that's for sure. I had been told that the first week of school pretty much sucks the life out of you, and those people weren't lying.

I am really excited that it's a three-day weekend. Yay for Labor Day! Plus, college football is going on all day today, and I don't plan on leaving being in front of my television much to miss any of it. Flashing back to last night, it is obvious that the Mustangs have some work to do. We are happy to have June Jones here, but he is going to have to make us a lot better than that if he is going to prove he's worth it. Pony up!

I have always gotten a kick out of show boaters. I am a huge Terrell Owens fan (always have been), and I definitely enjoy all the antics of one Ocho Cinco. So, when I found out that Chad Johnson legally changed his name to Chad Ocho Cinco, I thought it was pretty hilarious and awesome at the same time. I mean, seriously. You've got to love NFL wide receivers: they're divas, they know it, and they love it. Just listen to the Michael Irvin Show on 103.3 FM ESPN Radio on weekdays from 11-2, and you will never question that again.

Lastly, I want to congratulate my good friends Erika and Josh, who welcomed into this world their new baby boy, Leo. I am so happy for them, and I know they are going to be two of the most wonderful parents this world has ever known!

Time to get excited for College GameDay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natalie,

It is so good to have you back! I wondered how the first week went. We are officially starting school tomorrow, and I think everyone is ready.

One of the big deals this year is the Anna Banana Gazette. We have decided to let Anna have her own private blog (invitation only, which you can have if you let me know) so she can work on her writing, grammar, etc. I'm going to be incorporating journalistic styles into our curriculum for Anna to do various reports.

I thought for biographical works things like a birth announcement, wedding announcement, obituary, general interest article, editorial, and such would be good things for her to learn while she shares about the person she studies and what the person did/does. I plan to take some newsletter formats from Print Master and have her fill them in.

What do you think?

And since I'm taking up your comment space :-) I have initiated a writer's group. Four of us from my monthly Scribes group are going to get together once or twice a month to do intensive work on our manuscript. With the Lord's help, my first copy of my book will be done by the end of the year. I'm excited--about the group and the book.

Okay, get back to gameday. I'll talk to you soon!