Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Finals Are Here!

You know the networks are happy: Lakers vs. Celtics in the NBA Playoffs is going to get a great amount of viewer statistics.

To be honest, after the Mavs got ousted, I was hoping to see L.A. against Boston. I hate the Spurs, so I was thrilled to see them go, and Detroit is just kind of boring. Plus, the Celtics have been so pathetic in recent years that it is nice to see them on top again. Maybe this match is not as good as Magic against Bird, but Kobe against the Big Three is still pretty intriguing.

The media will clearly have a hay day with this and hype it up all week long until Game 1 on Thursday. There are so many different storylines, and I think it will be fun to see all the old clips and stories from the 1980s. ESPN Classic is going to replay those old games, and I cannot wait to watch them. I love this type of stuff!

Boston won eight of the ten series these two teams have previously played in the NBA Finals. But this 11th matchup is completely different. Kobe Bryant is clearly amazing, and now that he has some extra help with Pau Gasol, the Lakers have the potential to be dominant in the years to come. The Celtics won the only two games they played against the Lakers this season, but that was before the Gasol trade happened. So, it will be interesting to see how the things go down now.

The NBA Finals are going to be awesome this year. I am going to go with the Lakers to win it all, but that might be my Western Conference bias speaking. Regardless, I cannot wait to watch!

No comments: