Monday, June 30, 2008

Ketchup and IKEA

I Put Ketchup on My Ketchup
Ketchup is awesome. I could eat it on anything, and I pretty much do just that. Yesterday, two of my friends (the great Wiese Duo) gave me one of the greatest shirts ever made. It says: "I put ketchup on my ketchup." This couldn't be more true. In fact, tonight I had broccoli cheese soup. It was pretty good, but I made it amazing when I added ketchup to it.


I don't think people appreciate a good helping of ketchup sometimes. They often give weird looks when they see the delectable condiment top off things like carrots, Caesar salads or apples. Where's the fun if you can't add a little (or a whole heck of a lot of) ketchup?

I once saw Miley Cyrus on Leno's show squirt ketchup into her mouth straight from the bottle. She didn't eat very much of it, and I think I could take her if we had a ketchup contest. Maybe I should start challenging people...

I remember this one time I went to a restaurant that didn't have ketchup (Who does that??), and I learned my lesson. Therefore, I always have a handy bottle in my purse, just in case. After all, you never know when you might hit up an establishment that lacks the tomato-based goodness (even if it was a Mexican restaurant...).

I think what I am trying to say is simply that I love ketchup.

IKEA-mania
I had never been to IKEA before today, and I am currently in the market for a bookcase. One of my friends suggested I go to IKEA; they would have cheap ones there. Actually, the prices were not as awful as I thought, and I found myself somewhat intrigued by this store. Usually I hate shopping, but this trip was a little bit fun. And I even found two bookcases that I like!

There were a few things about IKEA that left me in wonder. First of all, there is an escalator to take you upstairs, but there isn't one to take you back down. You either have to take the elevator or meander down the manual stairs. I'm not sure if this is a Swedish thing, but I did find it rather peculiar.

I must also take this moment to admit that I have never been to a furniture store that also had a cafeteria. I suppose some people spend so much time in IKEA that they need to take a lunch break before they go for round two. I mean, the menu is complete with pasta and whatnot. That is pretty hardcore. Is that some sort of Scandinavian tradition? Perhaps I should research more about this place.

I hope this bookcase thing works out. And next time I take a trip to IKEA, perhaps I will not eat lunch before I go. After all, I can eat it there! When at IKEA, do as the Swedes do, I suppose.

No comments: