Thursday, April 29, 2010

The fatigue settles

I haven't taken a nap under my desk since last year.

Until yesterday.

Grad school isn't necessarily the most challenging thing for me; it's just really tiring. Classes don't get out until 9:20, so by the time I get home it's around 10, and I often have things to do and can't go to sleep right then. This makes Mondays and Tuesdays really long, and leads to exhaustion by the time Wednesday rolls around.

Hence the sleeping when I really shouldn't be.

It was during a break time for me, and it really did revitalize me some and give me some more energy for the day. And this is an important week for me, because I have a half marathon on Sunday, and I really want to PR. (For the non-runners out there, that means I want to run my best time yet.)

I'm still pretty tired today, though it was nice to have a relatively early bedtime last night. But I won't be going to bed super early this evening, because the Mavs are playing in a crucial Game 6 against the hated Spurs. If we don't win, the season is over, and I will be left with yet another offseason full of disappointment. Yes, I will find restoration in the Rangers and predict a trip to the World Series, but it still hurts whenever my beloved Mavs cause me more distress. For obvious reasons, I still cringe anytime someone mentions the year 2006.

At least it's Thursday. I need a vacation.

No comments: