Friday, April 23, 2010

A non-rainy outlook

It might be an ugly day, but I would say I have a pretty outlook on things right now.

For starters, it's Friday. That's almost always a good thing.

Secondly, the Cowboys moved up to the 24th pick in the NFL Draft last night to notch Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant. Good choice, Jerry. I definitely agree with
my man Cowlishaw on this one.

Another thing that makes me happy is that I really don't have any obligations this weekend. This hasn't happened in...well, I can't even remember the last time this occurred. I am usually dreading a jam-packed two days with absolutely no time for rest or relaxation. That's not the case today, and I'm not going to let the ugly rain and humidity sour my mood. Although it did sour my hair somewhat.

I might try to find some time to clean my apartment this weekend, though. It's a ridiculous mess. It's almost like that episode of FRIENDS when Ross dates that girl with the really messy apartment, and at the end Monica goes and tries to clean it for her, but she shuts the door in Monica's face. Well, if Monica showed up at my door with her cleaning gear, I would gladly welcome her in to do what I can't do so well.

But I'm definitely going to take a nap. Maybe two.

No comments: